ADR-ODR International and the European Institute for Conflict Resolution (EICR) are pleased to announce sponsorship of the 12th ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition.
The ICC Mediation Week includes two major events dedicated to mediation and hosted by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC):
- the ICC International Mediation Round Table (Round Table), and
- the ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition (Competition).
During a period of seven days, ICC welcomes over 500 participants, mediators, academics and students from around the world. The Mediation Week allows them to discuss new developments in mediation, to share and analyse experiences and to meet with colleagues from more than 40 countries
The 6-day Competition is ICC’s biggest annual educational event and exclusively devoted to international commercial mediation. It includes training programmes for all participants and numerous social events.
When : 3 – 8 February 2017
Where : ICC Headquarters and other venues in Paris
Who : students and coaches from law schools and other faculties, as well as professional mediators and academics from around the world.
Why : The purpose of the Competition is that it will encourage the teaching and learning of an effective use of mediation. ICC wishes to empower tomorrow’s business people and legal practitioners to better meet the dispute resolution needs of an increasingly cross-cultural and global market. Students will learn to effectively combine the use of the Mediator and collaborative problem-solving skills to successfully present Parties’ interests and progress towards a settlement.
Some competition figures
- Over 500 participants from more than 40 countries
- 66 university teams selected after competitive entry
- 130 world leading commercial mediators and academics who serve as judges and mediators during the Competition
- 6 days with over 150 mock mediation session