- To promote the mediation and the alternative dispute resolution.
- To develop training and educational activities in the field of mediation, negotiations and alternative dispute resolution.
- To develop and provide mediation, arbitration, negotiations and in general out of court dispute resolution.
The company in order to accomplish the above missions and promote widely the alternative dispute resolution, has cooperated with training and educational institutions in Greece and abroad.
- The annual subscriptions and/or the special contributions of the share holders;
- The development and the provision of services relating to mediation, arbitration, negotiations and in general the out of court dispute resolution;
- The alternative dispute resolution of domestic and cross-border disputes concerning contractual obligations stemming from both online and offline sales or services contracts between a consumer resident in EU and a trader established in EU;
- The donations, inheritances, bequests, subsidies, national, European or other international programs or donations from members or third natural or legal persons, domestic and foreign institutions and organizations and/or sponsorships from the European Union provided to the company to support the objective;
- Any net income resulting from the Company’s activities and every single legal cause in the framework of the Company’s objectives and existing legal provisions;
- Any net income resulting from the conferences’ and seminars’ organization, the Company’s publications, income from other activities and in general from the property rights acquired by the company during its operation in the fulfillment of its objectives.
The Company, as a non profit organization, does not distribute profits to the shareholders either during its operation or at the stage of dissolution.
The natural persons who are in charge of alternative dispute resolution at the European Institute for Conflict Resolution possess the required expertise and they are independent and impartial.
- They possess the necessary knowledge and skills in the field of alternative dispute resolution or judicial resolution of consumer disputes, as well a general understanding of law;
- They are appointed for a term of office of sufficient duration to ensure the independence of their actions, and are not liable to be relieved from their duties without just cause;
- They are not subject to any instructions from either party or their representatives;
- They are remunerated in a way that is not linked to the outcome of the procedure;
- Without undue delay they disclose to the ADR entity any circumstance that may, or may be seen to, affect their independence and impartiality or give rise to a conflict of interest with either party to the dispute they are asked to resolve. The obligation to disclose such circumstances shall be a continuing obligation throughout the ADR procedure.
We ensure that we have in place procedures to ensure that in case of circumstances referred to in point (e) of paragraph 1:
- The natural person in charge is replaced by another natural person that shall be entrusted with conducting the ADR procedure; or failing that
- The natural person concerned refrains from conducting the ADR procedure and, where possible, we propose to the parties to submit the dispute to another ADR entity which is competent to deal with the dispute; or failing that
- The circumstances are disclosed to the parties and the natural person concerned is allowed to continue to conduct the ADR procedure only if the parties have not objected.