The meeting in Val d’Europe, connected to the Grand Paris, will be the 25th since the creation of the Forum.
The World Forum of Mediation Centres was created in 2001. It brings together the best commercial mediation practitioners and ADR centres from around the world, together with managers, academics, teachers, trainers, young practitioners, and all those interested in learning more about mediation.
The Forum takes place every 9 months in different countries around the world. It fosters the exchange of views on the development of ADR, enhancing knowledge, and best practices, giving new ideas, ensuring the best understanding of ADR, and learning from other cultures.
On 11 and 12 June 2018, the European Commission will host the ADR Assembly 2018. The event will bring together representatives of notified European ADR entities, ADR competent authorities, ODR contact points, European Consumer Centres, consumer organisations, business associations and other stakeholders. It will provide a forum to exchange best practice, network and discuss questions around the effective provision of alternative and online dispute resolution.
The European Institute for Conflict Resolution notified to the European Commission according to the Directive 2013/11/EU and registered with the European ODR Platform, will participate in this event that will include keynote addresses, plenary sessions and workshops.
ADR-ODR International and the European Institute for Conflict Resolution (EICR) are pleased to announce sponsorship of the 12th ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition. Rahim Shamji, Dr Zoe Giannopoulou, Aneesha Bhunjun, Nicky Wallace, Dr Anna Plevri, Claudia Caluori and Kelly Thornton will all be representing ADR-ODR and EICR in Paris for the Mediation Week between the 3rd and 8th February.
Rahim and Zoe are the most senior representation and will be judging and mediating the prelimi- nary rounds as well as the quarter and semi-finals. Zoe is also part of the working group organis- ing the 4th ICC International Mediation Round Table, on the 2nd February.
Anna, Nicky and Aneesha are all judging for the first time and will be participating in the prelimi- nary rounds.
Claudia and Kelly and volunteering as mediation session supervisors who will be ensuring that the competitors abide by the competition rules.
This year there are over 60 universities expected to compete and as our prize fund this year we are offering 4 places on our 5 day, 40 hour Civil-Commercial mediation training programme. The value of these prizes is £10,000.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at the ICC for organizing such a wonder- ful event and we hope that everyone from ADR-ODR International and EICR who is attending in any capacity has a very enlightening experience.
We are delighted to sponsor this years’ ICC mediation competition and to have so many of our team also present in a professional capacity. This sponsorship and support represents a clear commitment to developing the mediators of tomorrow in a rich learning environment. Bringing together over 600 people from every continent around mediation is an excellent initiative and one that both organisations are very proud of”
Rahim Shamji and Dr Zoe Giannopoulou
ADR-ODR International and the European Institute for Conflict Resolution (EICR) are pleased to announce sponsorship of the 12th ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition.
The ICC Mediation Week includes two major events dedicated to mediation and hosted by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC):
- the ICC International Mediation Round Table (Round Table), and
- the ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition (Competition).
During a period of seven days, ICC welcomes over 500 participants, mediators, academics and students from around the world. The Mediation Week allows them to discuss new developments in mediation, to share and analyse experiences and to meet with colleagues from more than 40 countries
The 6-day Competition is ICC’s biggest annual educational event and exclusively devoted to international commercial mediation. It includes training programmes for all participants and numerous social events.
When : 3 – 8 February 2017
Where : ICC Headquarters and other venues in Paris
Who : students and coaches from law schools and other faculties, as well as professional mediators and academics from around the world.
Why : The purpose of the Competition is that it will encourage the teaching and learning of an effective use of mediation. ICC wishes to empower tomorrow’s business people and legal practitioners to better meet the dispute resolution needs of an increasingly cross-cultural and global market. Students will learn to effectively combine the use of the Mediator and collaborative problem-solving skills to successfully present Parties’ interests and progress towards a settlement.
Some competition figures
- Over 500 participants from more than 40 countries
- 66 university teams selected after competitive entry
- 130 world leading commercial mediators and academics who serve as judges and mediators during the Competition
- 6 days with over 150 mock mediation session
- 25th Hellenic Annual Conference in Commercial Law: “Current family business issues”- November 6,7 & 8, 2015, Nafplio, Greece
- 1st Joint Conference, Mediation Centers and Mediators’ training entities “Mediation- A cultural solution for People and Nations”, December the 15th 2014
- World Mediation Summit – Madrid 2014
- UIA – World Forum of Mediation Centers, March 21 & 22, 2014, Houston, TX
- INADR International Mediation Tournament March 5-8, 2014, at Loyola University Chicago, School of Law
- 9th ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition, 7-12 February 2014, Paris France
- ADRg Annual Conference and Competition, 5th December, 2013, St Hugh’s College, Oxford University, Oxford, UK
- UIA – Prague Mediation Forum 07-08/06/2013
- 20th Annual Northwest Dispute Resolution Conference, 29-30/03/2013
- European Network for Mediation, Cooperation, Standards, Technologies, 01-02/11/2012
- International Conference – Sofia: 01-02/11/2012
- 10th International Mediation Interest Group (IMIG) Meeting, 03/09/2012
- Mediation in Greece, European and National legislative framework and practice, Athens 30/06/2012
- 14th Annual Spring Conference ABA Section Dispute Resolution, 18-21/06/2012
- 2nd Conference on Cross Border Mediation, Berlin, 13-15/06/2012
- UIA, International Conference on Mediation, Lisbon, 27-28/01/2012
27 Ιανουαρίου 2015
Παρουσίαση «Σχολική και Ενδοοικογενειακή βία, ο ρόλος του διαμεσολαβητή»
Address: Hardwicke Building, Old Square, Lincoln's Inn, London, WC2A 3SB, Tel : +44(02)034881979